American Power Systems, Inc.’s regulators represent the state of the art in DC charge controllers, providing optimal battery charging and care. Unlike most multi-stage regulators, the APS-500 can use both current and voltage to regulate charging.
These advanced units use multiple data points—including battery voltage, current in/out, and battery and alternator temperature—to charge virtually any commercially available battery type, including the latest in lithium-ion technology.
Read our Q&A about this new, customizable unit.
+ More About APS Alternator Regulators
Highly configurable and enabled to communicate via control area network (CAN) communication, the APS-500 can be used with 12-, 24- and 48-volt systems, as well as others. It is completely customizable with no hardware changes and is ideal for marine and RV applications, as well as commercial truck and vans.Later in 2019, APS plans release a new version of this regulator designed to meet MIL-SPEC for our military and defense clients. Please subscribe to our newsletter for development updates.We continue to provide our tried-and-true military-style regulator with MIL-SPEC connectors, shown at lower right, as well.
- Ideal battery charging and care through innovative, dynamic use of current and voltage.
- Unique approach to charging based upon battery voltage and temperature, current in/out and alternator temperature.
- Highly configurable for use with virtually any commercially available battery type through control area network (CAN) communication.
- For use with vehicle systems at 12, 24 and 48 volts—up to 60 volts.
- 100% customizable with no hardware changes.
- Programmable field output control.