Over the last 15 years, the APS team has assisted numerous vehicle-upfitters, armorers and other professionals with installation of our high output alternators, dual alternator kits and other power system components and accessories.
While each vehicle application is different, we’ve compiled a handful of generally helpful ideas in a new tip sheet to make the process a little easier regardless of your vehicle platform.
Our Alternator Installation Tips document covers the following topics:
- How to select correct hardware for alternator installation
- How to ensure proper alternator pulley and belt alignment
- How to properly connect an alternator with wiring and cables
- What to look for while running the vehicle after alternator installation
- How to check for proper belt tension
- How to inspect the belt
- What to look for when removing a belt for closer inspection
Installing a high output alternator or dual alternator kit? Don’t start without the right guidance.
Download our Alternator Installation Tips for helpful hints.