That’s right! We’ve spent the past 15 years helping you get the job done with vehicle power solutions in the US and around the world.
We’ll be celebrating this milestone all 2021 with historical highlights and special events, including a ribbon cutting (after gatherings are deemed safe once again).
To kick things off, here’s a little bit about who we are how we got started:
- We were founded in 2006 on West River Drive in Davenport, Iowa, and moved in 2009 to its current location at 426 West 2nd Street. We’ve grown from a one-person business to a multi-million-dollar corporation with offices in four states.
- We make and sell advanced, mobile electric power solutions and purpose-built auxiliary power units for armored, security, commercial, marine and purpose-built specialty vehicles.
- Our products include high output alternators, dual alternator bracket kits, alternator regulators, DC-DC converters (boost, buck and bidirectional), high idle controls, and lithium-ion battery storage solutions. Services include power system design, integration and testing.
- We serve the US Department of State, US Special Operations Command, Australian Ministry of Defence and other allied government and military entities worldwide.
- We’re especially proud to work Volta Power Systems (Holland, Mich.) and OceanPlanet Energy (Bath, Maine), serving customers in the commercial and recreational vehicle and marine energy sectors.
- APS is a former GSA Schedule Contractor.
Here are a few company highlights from the last several years:
- 2020: We were named Exporter of the Year by the Small Business Administration for Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska (SBA Region 7). Also in 2020, we remained continuously open during the pandemic as part of both emergency services and the defense industrial base per Department of Homeland Security guidance.
- 2019: We introduced our advanced alternator regulator, the APS-500, to the international defense community at the International Defense Exhibition and Conference (IDEX) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- 2018: APS President Amy Lank was appointed to the Iowa Industry Advisory Council at the Center for Research and Service at Iowa State University. Also in 2018, we introduced our automotive-grade lithium-ion storage solution at Eurosatory, an international land and airland defense and security exhibition in Paris.
- 2017: We launched the annual Thomas K. Evans Memorial Scholarship in memory of the company’s founder. Also in 2017, APS President Amy Lank was presented with the annual award for Entrepreneurial Innovation and Leadership by the Technology Association of Iowa.
You can keep up with what we’re doing in 2021 – plus stay on top of industry trends -- by subscribing to our monthly e-newsletter.
Thank you for 15 great years. Here’s to many, many more!
What you can do next
Read and download the official press release
Learn more on our About Us page
Contact us with your questions