Add more power to Chevrolet Suburban to get the job done safely and efficiently, no matter where work takes you.
American Power Systems, Inc. provides single alternator upgrades (up to 360 amps), dual alternator brackets and kits (up to 500 additional amps), high idle switches, vehicle PCM flash and additional DC power components to make Suburban work-ready.
From police and security to defense and the work-truck industry, clients around the world rely on APS to provide mission-critical power when vehicles are running and at idle. Our Suburban power solutions are utilized by the defense industry to meet silent watch requirements.
Selected DC power upgrades for Chevrolet Suburban are featured below. Please contact us about your application to learn more or make a purchase.
|Output: Volts||Output: Amps||Solutions by Series||Alternator Position||Mount(s)|
|45-56 volts nominal||160 amps||160 HPI Series High Output Alternators||Secondary position with APS bracket (typical)||Application specific|
|28 volts nominal||185 amps||185 HPI Series High Output Alternators||Secondary position with APS bracket (typical)||Tangent|
|12 volts nominal||255 amps||255 HPI Series High Output Alternators||Secondary position with APS bracket (typical)||Application specific|
|12 volts nominal||300 amps||300 HPI Series High Output Alternators||Secondary position with APS bracket (typical)||Application specific|
|12 volts nominal||360 amps||360 HPI Series High Output Alternators||Secondary position with APS bracket (typical)||Application specific|
|12 volts nominal||250-270 amps||250-270 HPI Series High Output Alternators||Primary position||OE direct replacement|
- Minimize OEM component disruption
- Use OEM mounting points
- Can be installed on a separate drive system to avoid affecting the the OEM system (For example, we can create a split system operating at 12 and 24 volts to provide current at the appropriate voltage.)
- Include complete installation instructions
- More power at idle: APS can include a high idle switch or vehicle PCM flash as part of the dual alternator kit.
- Custom battery trays: Add one or two batteries in the vehicle engine bay to accommodate a 12- or 24-volt battery bank. APS can size the battery bank appropriately to meet unique requirements, such as those for silent watch or on-site work (no access to shore power).
- Better batteries: APS recommends high-quality AGM, or lithium-ion battery solutions, when developing configurations.
- Additional power components and accessories: APS also provides components including DC to DC converters, smart alternator regulators and battery isolators to ensure dependable power to all vehicle equipment and systems.
Please contact us to make a purchase or inquire about solutions for your application.