American Power Systems, Inc.’s regulators represent the state of the art in DC charge controllers, providing optimal battery charging and care. Unlike most multi-stage regulators, the APS-500 can use both current and voltage to regulate charging.
These advanced units use multiple data points—including battery voltage, current in/out, and battery and alternator temperature—to charge virtually any commercially available battery type, including the latest in lithium-ion technology.
Read our Q&A about this new, customizable unit.
The APS-500 Alternator Regulator used in conjunction with an APS 3000 Series Bi-Directional Converter represents a simple solution for complete energy management for dual-voltage vehicles, such as 12V/48V configurations used with lithium-ion battery banks. Read more about modular energy management for dual-voltage systems on our blog.
+ More About APS Alternator Regulators
Highly configurable and enabled to communicate via control area network (CAN) communication, the APS-500 can be used with 12-, 24- and 48-volt systems, as well as others. It is completely customizable with no hardware changes and is ideal for marine and RV applications, as well as commercial trucks and vans.
When purchased with our alternators, we provide application-specific programming for the APS-500 so that the complete solution is turnkey upon receipt. While we strongly encourage pairing the APS-500 with our alternators, we realize the uniqueness of each of our partners and their specific applications. For this reason, we will work on a case-by-case basis with clients desiring to use a non-APS alternator. For safety reasons in these instances, however, we require full disclosure of the application and its end use by the client.
We continue to supply our military-style regulator with MIL-SPEC connectors, shown at lower right, as well.
- Ideal battery charging and care through innovative, dynamic use of current and voltage.
- Unique approach to charging based upon battery voltage and temperature, current in/out and alternator temperature.
- Highly configurable for use with virtually any commercially available battery type through control area network (CAN) communication.
- For use with vehicle systems at 12, 24 and 48 volts—up to 60 volts.
- 100% customizable with no hardware changes.
- Programmable field output control.
Please contact us to make a purchase or inquire about solutions for your application.